Thursday, September 16, 2010

Set Me Straight

Burdens on my shoulders
Too many to count
Such a great weight
Pushing down on me
Pressing me to the ground
So low
That I can’t look up
To the sky
I only see dirt,
My own feet,
And an ant crawling by.
(For a moment,
I envy the ant
With his freedom to roam.)
I am paralyzed by the weight.
I fear
That if I try to rise
I will fall on my face.
So I stay
And study the ground
Giving no thought to the sky.

The pain sets in
Until I get so comfortable in my position
That I no longer feel it.

You come,
Bid me to rise,
Gather me into Your lap,
And let me cry in frustration.
Then You make it Your business
To set me straight,
To remind me of who I am
In You
Who made the sky.
Your love sets things right.
I climb down,
Ready to stand tall on my own two feet
And look You straight in the eye.

And the burdens?
They are but ants to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment