Friday, June 17, 2011

Waiting


I’m waiting
For things to slow down
For a chance to catch up
Time to breathe.
I miss You,
And I keep missing You.
I can spend a whole day
In Your presence
Feel Your presence
Feel Your peace wash over me
Your joy pour into me
Your love refresh me . . .
            Then
Back to the daily routine
With all its strain
Pressure
And mind-numbing rush.

Where do I find the time
To lounge with the Lord
Sit at His feet
Or even read one verse?
Mornings slip away.
Lunch is busy, too.
Evenings are family time.
Then sleep takes over.
            In the night
You catch me when I’m still.
You whisper to me
Words of blessing,
Visions of hope.
You invite me
To lounge with You
Sit at your feet
Read some verses whenever I can.

You’re waiting
For me to slow down
So we can catch up
And I can breathe in
The sweet fragrance of You.

No comments:

Post a Comment