Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Advent Week 2: The Name

His coming
Included so many miracles –
The angels’ announcement to shepherds
The gifts from the magi
The star they all followed.
But the greatest miracle just may be
His Name.
Immanuel.
God is with us.

Roll that over in your head a while.
Let it settle into your heart.
All the longing of man to
            Be
            With
            God,
And He chooses
To be with us.
To be with … me.
And not just when I call Him
            Shout His name in praise
            Cry it in a tearful plea
            Whisper it in my exhaustion.
Not just when I would run to Him
For safety,
But even when I try to hide from Him
In shame.
            Where can I go from His Spirit?
            Where can I run from His presence?
Nowhere!
He is always
Right here,
Never to leave me or give up on me.
God is with me.
Immanuel.
What a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment